IRATA Level 2
– Male/ Female
– For experienced level 1 technicians wishing to progress within the IRATA scheme.
– An IRATA Level 1 certificate
– A minimum of 1000 hours of experience in rope access work
Attendants who need to take part in the IRATA Level 2 rope access course need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Health and Fitness:
– Candidates need to be physically fit and unaffected by any disability/medical condition which prevents them from working safely and are required to certify that they do not have any medical disabilities, by self-certification.
– It is recommended that any condition has a medical certificate or doctor’s note to show potential employers that it won’t affect their work at height.
– Any long-term condition should be reassessed medically to ensure appropriate medical condition.
- Course aim:
– Undertake advanced rescues under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician.
– Perform advanced rope access tasks under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician.
– Have some knowledge of legislation, safety requirements and quality assurance procedures relating to rope access.
– Candidates shall demonstrate ascent, descent, changeovers, passing wide reanchors plus at least four other rope manoeuvres.
– Theoretical knowledge of rope access with regard to safe use of equipment and techniques.
– This will include a working knowledge of risk assessments and method statements. Theoretical knowledge and practical application of rigging techniques and appropriate knots.
– Safely and efficiently carrying out a range of rope access man oeuvres.
Climbing on structures using work positioning and fall arrest techniques. A range of rescues including both abseil and hauling techniques.