IRATA Level 1
– Male/ Female
– All Personnel who wish to operate within the rope access industry.
There are no prerequisites for the Level 1 IRATA Rope Access course.
Attendants who need to take part in the IRATA Level 1 rope access course need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Health and Fitness:
– Candidates need to be physically fit and unaffected by any disability/medical condition which prevents them from working safely and are required to certify that they do not have any medical disabilities, by self-certification.
– It is recommended that any condition has a medical certificate or doctor’s note to show potential employers that it won’t affect their work at height.
– Any long-term condition should be reassessed medically to ensure appropriate medical condition.
- Course aim:
– IRATA Level 1 will provide knowledge and training in the safe use and inspection of rope access equipment.
– To be able to complete a range of rope access techniques under the supervision of an IRATA level three.
– Theoretical knowledge of rope access with regard to safe use of equipment and techniques. This will include an understanding of risk assessments and method statements.
– An understanding and practical application of rigging techniques and appropriate knots. Safely carrying out a range of rope access maneuvers. Climbing on structures using work positioning and fall arrest techniques. Rescue of a n incapacitated rope access worker to ground level.