IRATA Level 3
– Male/ Female
– For experience level 2 technicians wishing to progress within the IRATA scheme.
– Held an IRATA Level 2 certificate for at least 1 year
– A minimum of 1000 hours of experience in rope access work at level 2
Attendants who need to take part in the IRATA Level 2 rope access course need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Health and Fitness:
– Candidates need to be physically fit and unaffected by any disability/medical condition which prevents them from working safely and are required to certify that they do not have any medical disabilities, by self-certification.
– It is recommended that any condition has a medical certificate or doctor’s note to show potential employers that it won’t affect their work at height.
– Any long-term condition should be reassessed medically to ensure appropriate medical condition.
- Course aim:
– Supervise rope access work projects
– Understand relevant work techniques and legislation
– Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of IRATA rope access levels 1 and 2
– Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques
– Show that suitable first aid training has been undertaken (and hold an appropriate and valid first aid certificate)
– Have knowledge of the IRATA training, assessment and certification scheme
– Theoretical knowledge of rope access with regard to safe use of equipment, legislation and techniques.
-This will include a sound knowledge of the IRATA code of practice, risk assessments, method statements and worksite organisation.
-Theoretical knowledge and practical application of rigging techniques and appropriate.
– Safely and efficiently carrying out a range of rope access manoeuvres.
– Climbing on structures using work positioning and fall arrest techniques.
-A range of rescues including both abseil and hauling techniques.
-Advanced rescue and team exercises.